How Does Uber Connect Work – Uber Connect can be an additional income for Uber drivers by accepting package delivery orders. Uber Connect is a package delivery service on the Uber app. With this feature, Uber drivers can receive package delivery requests through the Uber app. So, Uber drivers have additional income opportunities.
In the new normal, social distancing must be practiced. Of course, that includes sending and receiving packages as well. Here, Uber wants to help people. The company releases a new type of service known as Uber Connect. The question is, how does Uber Connect work? Uber Connect is an easy solution to deliver packages on the same day without touching.
What Is Uber Connect?
Let’s start with getting to know about the service first. What is Uber Connect? It is a same-day, contact-free delivery service that allows people to send items. The service allows users to hail a driver and have them act as their personal couriers to deliver packages to a chosen location.
That sounds similar to normal-package delivery services, doesn’t it? So, what makes it different from normal package-delivery services? These things:
- No postage is needed.
- On-demand package delivery.
- The driver will transport your package on your behalf directly from your location.
How Does Uber Connect Work?
First, the sender of the package will request delivery of the package through the Uber app. Next, the driver will receive a notification on the application. The driver can choose to accept or reject the order. In general, this process is similar to accepting a Uber ride request.
If the request is received, the driver will go to the location according to the address given. Then, the sender puts the package in the driver’s car. Next, the driver will deliver the package to the destination, and the recipient is required to wait ready to receive the package at the specified location. The process is complete after the package is received.
Now, how to use Uber Connect for the sender:
- Prepare the package and secure it shut.
- Open the Uber App. Then select Connect. Read the terms and conditions and agree. Confirm that the package doesn’t contain any prohibited items. Request a delivery.
- You will receive a message from the app asking for the name of the recipient and whether there are any special delivery instructions for the driver. Reply to this message as you see fit.
- Meet your driver and load the package into their trunk.
- Share the trip of the package with the recipient. This way, they will be able to track the trip and meet the driver later to retrieve the package.
Not all packages can be sent using Uber Connect. The service does have package restrictions.
Here are the package restrictions for Uber Connect:
- The package must be under 30 pounds.
- The package must be under $100 in value.
- Make sure the package has securely sealed.
- Not contain any prohibited item such as medication, alcohol, recreational drugs, and illegal or dangerous items.
- Under $100 in value.
Where Is Uber Connect Available?
At the moment, Uber Connect is available in 25 cities in the U.S, Canada, Mexico, and Australia.
Can I send a package as a surprise?
Yes, you can. However, Uber recommends you notify the recipient of the package delivery and share the package trip with them. This way, they will be able to track the package and meet your driver at the curb and retrieve the package from the vehicle’s trunk.
If you want to send a package as a surprise, you must provide clear instructions to the driver in the message section of the app. For example, instruct your driver to drop off the package at the recipient’s door. Do keep in mind that the driver can always decline this kind of request.
What if the package was damaged during delivery?
Uber doesn’t maintain insurance for packages. That said, you can seek a refund of the delivery cost. You have to describe the damage and submit a photo within 3 business days after the delivery date.
How does Uber connect work? Put it simply, it allows you to send a securely sealed package to the location of your choosing. There is no physical contact between the sender, the driver, and the receiver before, during, and after the delivery. The process is entirely contact-free.