Lyft Driver Requirements 2020 – Having a plan to become a Lyft driver in this 2020, but not sure that you are meet all of the driver or vehicle requirements? Lyft is growing now, it means they looking for as many drivers to support their service. They will help you to join their app and make sure the whole process as easy as possible.
Lyft official has provided detail information to become a Lyft driver, so let me explain it one by one. Below is the information about Lyft driver requirements and vehicle requirements. I hope it makes you clear to see if you qualify to become a Lyft driver or not.
Lyft Driver Requirements 2020
To become a Lyft driver, you must meet all of the following driver requirements. These is general requirements and some cities may have little different requirements.
So, here is Lyft Driver Requirements 2020:
- Age: The driver must be at least 21 years old.
- Driver License: The driver must have an in-state US driver’s license.
- Driving Experience: Driver must have at least one full year of US driving experience.
- Insurance: The driver must have in-state insurance with the driver’s name on the policy.
- Personal Record: Driver must pass a background check and a driving record check.
- Smartphone: Driver must own the latest smartphone model, Android 7 or newer, iPhone with iOS11 or newer.
- Other: Driver must obey any local regulations in your Lyft service area.
Lyft Vehicle Requirements 2020
Besides the driver requirements, you should notice that there are vehicle requirements needed to join become a Lyft driver. For the specific city, they may have slightly different model and year for your car requirements.
So, here is Lyft Vehicle Requirements 2020:
- Lyft car requires a 4-door vehicle with 4 seats of passengers.
- The car must get pass the mechanical inspection by the expert.
- Lyft cars must meet the inspection of the cosmetic condition by the expert.
- Must have in-state plates with current registration.
- See the full list of Lyft vehicle requirements to make sure your car meet to join the Lyft app.
After seeing the list above, you should have any questions for the detail of the requirements. Below is the explanations for each requirement to make you clear before join become a Lyft driver.
Lyft Drivers Age Requirement
This is the exact parameter for the age requirement. You will apply to become a Lyft driver only if you are 21 years old or older.
Lyft will not give tolerance for this, even your age is one month to go to 21 years. This age is a really low age requirement to get the job as the fresh graduate of the college.
Driver License And Driving Experience Requirements
The next requirements are a Driver’s License. After pass your age at 21 years old or older, then you need a valid US driver’s license. So, better get your US Driving License before applying to become a Lyft Driver.
Then you need one full year of driving experience in the US with your license. Even if you have an international driving experience for one year, Lyft will not count it. You need to make a driving experience in the US to meet the requirement as a Lyft Driver.
Car Insurance Requirements
To join the Lyft Driver, you also need in-state police insurance, at the state minimum. Car insurance may have different regulations for each state in the US. So, you need an insurance policy issued in the state where you are going to drive with Lyft.
For example, you have an insurance policy that originates in California. For some reason, then you just moved to Arizona and want to still work with Lyft as a driver. So you need to get it changed to the new state where you come in.
You can contact your insurance company to help to change the insurance. Please notice that there are some exceptions for the cities that are very close to the state border for the in-state insurance rule.
To become a Lyft driver, Lyft requires that your vehicle is insured to the state minimum. Make sure that your name is on the insurance policy. You will need the insurance declaration from your provider if your name does not appear on the insurance card. You need to upload a scanned document or photo of it to Lyft.
Driver Background Check Requirements
Lyft drivers must have a good personality record to make sure they provide a good service to the customer. All Lyft drivers candidate must pass this check, include a good driving record check.
Below is the item check by Lyft for a new driver:
- It doesn’t have more than three violations in the past three years, include accidents and traffic light violations.
- Also, have no major violations in the past three years such as reckless driving and driving without a driving license.
- No drug-related driving violations in the last seven years.
- Doesn’t have extreme infractions in the last seven years.
Lyft also will check a criminal background check screen for:
- Free from violent crimes, theft and property damage.
- Not involved in sexual offenses.
- Not break the criminal law.
- No drug-related violations offenses.
- Check the record of lifetime screen against individuals that registered on the DOJ50-State Sex Offender Registry and National Sex Offender Registry.
There is the explanations about Lyft driver requirements on the last update 2020. Hope this will help yo to apply to become a Lyft driver. Just apply now, even if you are not sure you meet the requirements. Lyft will ready to help you and provide information about the missing requirements.