Uber driver car requirements should be fulfilled when you want to drive with Uber. Failed to meet the car requirements will cause you to be rejected and hence you will not drive with Uber. What are the car requirements for Uber drivers, then? Let’s see the updated information on the car requirements below.
The car requirements for Uber drivers vary greatly depend on the Uber service type you want to drive under. As you might have already known, Uber has several types of ride-sharing service: UberX, UberXL, UberSelect, and UberBlack.
Besides varying depend on the Uber service’s types, the care requirements can also vary depending on the cities you are going to drive in. It’s because of the different condition of each city that requires different car details.
Uber Driver Car Requirements
As mentioned above, Uber driver car requirements change after years. The changes are made so Uber can refine their system to increase riding and driving experience for passengers and drivers.
The significant change in the car requirements is the change of car year. Below are several cities that Uber has changed the car year requirements:
- New York City requires cars that are 2010 or newer
- Los Angeles/San Francisco requires cars that at least 2001 or newer
- Washington DC requires cars that are 2005 or newer
- Pittsburgh requires cars that are 2006 or newer
UberX Car Requirements
UberX is the cheapest riding option in Uber ride-sharing, so the requirements are looser than other types.
Below are the requirements:
- At least 2007 or newer (car year depends on the cities, you can check on Uber’s official site to know year requirement in each city);
- Four-door car or minivan;
- Have 4 passenger’s seats (driver seat is not included);
- Pass Uber mechanical car’s inspection;
- If you use your car, your full name must be on the car’s insurance;
- You don’t have to have your name on the car’s registration;
Several cars that are recommended for UberX: Mazda3, Honda Civic, Chevrolet Cruz, Ford Focus, Toyota Prius, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, and many more.
UberXL Car Requirements
UberXL is one level higher than UberX. As you expect from the name, UberXL is for riders who need more space. As the car is required to be bigger and has more spaces, the fare for this service is also more expensive than UberX.
Below is the car’s requirements for UberXL:
- At least having 6 passenger’s seats with 6 seatbelts (driver sear is not included);
- The car should be 2007 or newer (vary depend on cities);
Recommended cars for UberXL: Chevrolet Suburban, Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Odyssey, Nissan Pathfinder, Ford Explorer, Dodge Grand Caravan, Jeep Cherokee, Honda Pilot, Chevy Traverse, and many others.
UberSelect Car Requirements
This service is on a higher level than UberX and UberXL so the fare will be higher too. It’s because the car’s requirements are higher as well. The UberSelect gives riders the option to ride in an entry-level of the luxurious car with leather interior.
Below is the car’s requirements for UberSelect:
- Luxurious sedans (entry-level);
- At least 2009 or newer;
- Have 4 passenger’s seats (driver’s seat is not included)
- Leather interior (vinyl interior is OK)
- Only available in Uber selected markets
Several cars that meet the qualification of the UberSelect are BMW 3 series and up, Mercedes C-Class and up, all Infinitis, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Genesis, Volvo S60, Acura TLX, Cadillacs, and many more.
UberBlack and UberSUV Car Requirements
This is the highest level in Uber service that allows riders to get a ride in an all-black high-end luxurious car. The driver of UberBlack and UberSUV also have to meet the highest standard that Uber applied.
Below is the car’s requirements for UberBlack:
- Black car outside and inside with leather interior. The black paint should be in perfect condition without any scratches;
- At least 2013 for UberBlack and 2012 for UberSUV;
- Have commercial insurance and registration;
- Pass Uber’s vehicle inspection
The example of cars that meet the qualification for UberBlack are Audi A6 and up, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Porsche Panamera, Jaguar XF, Cadillac XTS, Jaguar XJ, BMW 5 series, Tesla Model S, and more.
Then, the cars that meet UberSUV requirements, for example, are Cadillac Escalade, Infinity QX80, LexusLX, Chevrolet Suburban, Lincoln Navigator, Mercedes GL-Class, GMC Yukon XL and more.
Okay guys, now you have known the updated information about Uber driver car requirements. Hopefully, this information can be a help whether you want to be an Uber driver or rider. Thank you for reading.