Uber driver job description – If you want to drive with Uber, you have to learn and understand well about Uber driver job description. By understanding the job description well, you will be able to do the work better, i.e. more effective and efficient. Below we try to depict the job description for Uber driver to help you get more understanding about the job.
Driving with Uber has become very popular since 2012. It promises more opportunities with flexible schedules, unlike conventional driving jobs. That’s why many people have signed up for driving with Uber and made a big difference in their earning. Some even go further and make the job their main job instead of their side-job.
Uber Driver Job Description
Although driving with Uber seems nicer than other driving jobs, but it’s not only about fun. The job should be done seriously too. Apart from having licensed driving skills, you should own an ability to please your passengers so that they will rate you high and repeat their orders.
Here is the detailed job description for Uber driver:
- Well, understanding of Uber software’s use. You have to understand and be able to use all the features in the app;
- Able to respond to passenger’s calls and track them based on the data provided in the app;
- Able to receive and follow passenger’s locations via the app as well as plan the best/shortest route to passenger’s destination safely;
- Confirm arrival time at the passenger’s destination and explore for the further destination;
- Using Google maps to ensure safe routes are used to reach the passenger’s destination;
- Sometimes might consider the passenger’s suggestion about the route if it is safe to be used;
- Inform the passengers about the cash amount incurred on the ride, and process the transaction well;
- Work with the Uber app properly based on the provided data on the app;
- In case of high traffic or road change due to construction works or other, the driver should be able to reroute passages to destinations;
- Perform regular maintenance on the cars used for driving to ensure the car’s condition remain good.
Uber Driver Requirements
So that you are eligible for driving with Uber, you have to be graduated at least from high school or others that equivalent to that grade. Indeed, formal education is not required to be in this job, but you are obliged to know using and to work with the Uber app, which is a piece of technology. You must be able to use GPS and the app well so you can handle transactions and communicate with passengers.
An interpersonal skill such as the ability to communicate well with passengers and provide the best service is also required. And technically, you are obliged to have a valid driving license in the state where you want to drive in. Don’t forget that a clean driving record is also should be in your resume.
Driving License Requirements
If you drive with Uber using UberX or UberXL in most U.S cities, you will not be required to have a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License), but you will be required to have it when you want to be UberBlack, UberSUV or UberLux driver.
To get a CDL, you should be able to demonstrate a physical ability and skill to operate a commercial vehicle. Compared to the general driving public, CDL holders are held to higher standards of safety. It means that any serious traffic violation on your record can put an end to your CDL certification.
As for the length of time you need to get a CDL, it varies depending on the program you choose. However, it should be around 2 weeks to several months. You can check the policy or regulation in the state where you are in.
The cost to get CDL varies between $100 and $300 depends on the program you choose. Commonly, the driving jobs that require CDL are a truck driver and bus driver. As for the delivery drivers, couriers and ride-sharing drivers are not obliged to have CDL.
Alright, guys, that’s all about the Uber driver job description we can share with you today. Do you think the job description is easy? Well, if you think so, then you might just fit for this job.